ATEX Notified Body Certification
ExVeritas Area a Notified Body (in Denmark) with a full ATEX Scope (we can certify any type of product). We have fully equipment laboratories and by utilising the group facilities we become one of only a dozen companies in the world who can issue UKCA, ATEX and IECEx in one project. ExVeritas is one of the fastest growing issuers of global ATEX UKCA and IECEx certifications. The registered ExVeritas brand is highly regarded and accepted by certifiers, installers and regulators in international markets.
Explosion-protected equipment intended for installation in the European Union must comply with the ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU, The Directive ensures the free movement of goods throughout the European Union (EU) by harmonizing compliance procedures. Many types of ATEX Certification have a mandatory requirement for Notified Body Certification and are a DANAK accredited Notified Body in the EU to offer this.
Certification process services include:
- Ex Product Certification – products sold in the EU must be marked with the Distinctive Community Mark (Ex in a hexagon) and the CE marking (other than components) to comply with the Directive. .
- Quality Audits – the directive requires a quality assurance process and procedure to be in place to help ensure continued compliance of some types of Ex Certified products.
- Unit Verification – the Unit Verification Service provides certification for one -of custom equipment and ilvaites the need for a Quality Audit on the manufacturing premises.
In addition to ATEX Notified Body Product Certification, we can issue certificates for ATEX Assemblies, Panels and Skids. It has always be a requirement under that ATEX assemblies (rigs skids, modular plant) of certified equipment and parts that do not require certification should be assessed as ‘one product’ and provided with an overall approval rather than as a collection of parts. More and more buyers and inspectors require to see a 3rd party certification for an ‘assembly’ with one label plate on the final assembly covering all protection concepts. ExVeritas are accredited by UKAS accredited to EN60079-14 (for inspecting assemblies and installations) and are an ATEX Notified Body. We offer turnkey approval of ATEX assemblies, from area classification (defining the ATEX Category/EPL requirements) to inspection, even providing the certification plates and labels to attached to the equipment when necessary. Assemblies, Rigs and Skids can be ATEX Notified Body Certified under ‘Unit Verification’. Exveritas are an ATEX Notified Body for Unit Verification.
We also offer System and Assembly Certification, including non-electrical approval (full test, assessment and certification or Technical File Lodging as a Notified Body)
- Assemblies of certificated parts (i.e. rigs, skids, panels and uncertified Non Electrical Equipment
- Simple apparatus and intrinsically Safe Systems on ATEX assemblies
- Equipment designed with internal flammable atmospheres (Machinery Directive)
- Risk Assessment and Process Safety Systems
- CE/UKCA Marking of EX Assemblies (including EMC scans on site, Machinery Directive and Electrical safety)
- IECEx Repair Facility Certification – we can help facilities that intend to repair existing certified products per EN 60079-19.
Contact ExVeritas for more details or get a firm cost for your next projects.