UKCA, ATEX & IECEx Quality Module Certification
Only ExVeritas can provide UKCA, IECEx, ATEX, CCC, INMETRO and UKAS ISO9001 management system certification in one audit- save time and money and simplify your QMS requirements.
UKCA QAN Audits
The UKCA mark is the conformity assessment marking for Great Britain for most goods currently subject to CE marking including the ‘ATEX’ Directive.
Only UKCA Issued EX Certificates will be accepted from the 1st January 2022 in the UK for products that previously required Notified Body Certification.
The necessity for Ex Audits follows the same model as the previous ATEX Scheme that is being replaced. ExVeritas are a UK Government Appointed UKCA Body for Ex and can audit and issue the necessary UKCA QMS Certification individually or in parallel with ATEX and IECEx.
UKCA Approval Body Number: 2585
ATEX QAN Audits
ExVeritas conduct manufacturing audits (as an ATEX Notified Body) that can lead to ATEX Quality Module Certification being issued if the findings are satisfactory.
ATEX Quality Modules are required for CAT 1 equipment and Category 2 electrical equipment. Once you have obtained the appropriate Quality Module for the type of equipment and protection concepts used, you will be able to manufacture ATEX equipment and use our Notified Body Number (2585) under your CE Mark to show that your Quality System is under the control of a Notified Body for the ATEX Directive.
ATEX Notified Body Number: 2804
IECEx Quality Assurance Registration (QAR)
Exveritas conduct manufacturing audits (as an IECEx Certification Body) that can lead to IECEx Quality Assurance Registration being issued if the findings are satisfactory. IECEx Quality Assurance Registration is required for all IECEx Product Certification other than Unit Verification.
Save time and money by having your ATEX and IECEx Audits done at the same time by ExVeritas
UKAS accredited ISO9001:20015
Let us add or take over your ISO9001:2015 Certification and you can have a single lower cost and highly efficient audit to deliver world-recognised UKAS ISO9001 Certification together with an ATEX QAN and IECEx QAR. We are also one of only a handful of companies in the world who can also deliver INMETRO QA from Brazil in this combined audit.
Complete an on-line quote application form to get an ATEX, IECEx or combined audit with ISO9001 for Ex Equipment Manufacture.
ExVeritas is one of only around a dozen companies in the world that can issue accredited ISO9001:2015, ATEX Notified Body QANs, IECEx QAR’s and INMETRO QA in a combined audit.
Audits will where possible be carried out by local auditors from our offices in the UK, Asia, America or Denmark. Fully accredited ISO9001 (UKAS) and IECEx can often be combined to save time and cost. ExVeritas audits are also excepted for INMETRO (Brazil) Certification.
Example ‘Ex’ Quality Module Requirements
The ATEX Quality Module and IECEx Quality Assurance Registration can be considered as an ‘Add on’ to a typical ISO 9001:2000 quality system.
It requires ‘EX’ to be addressed or considered in each applicable clause of the Standard, If you do not have ISO 9001: 2000, a ‘Quality Plan’ can be used, but the audits are more frequent. EN ISO IEC 80079-34:2011 is the current Standard for ATEX (and IECEx) Quality Control and should be used to develop the necessary control. To get you started, here are a few of the more important aspects you will need to consider.
- On an EX sales enquiry, how do you ensure that what the customer requests is covered by your certificate? (Consider the build, gas groups, zone, temperature class, ambient temperature etc.)
- How would you indicate and control an EX build from the design plan?
- The EX Quality Module should ensure all units are built to within the scope of the ‘schedule’ drawings (the drawings listed on the certificate). Ensure these drawings remain unchanged, if a change is required apply for a ‘variation’ through the issuing Notified Body as a new certificate will need to be issued with the new revision number. Record the fact that the build is covered by the schedule drawings.
- How would procurement be controlled to ensure suitably rated EX parts and/or materials are procured?
- Are EX parts inspected prior to installing them by someone with appropriate skills?
- How do you know what other special features are required for an EX build (i.e. two fans)?
- Is everyone who works on an EX unit specially trained on Ex equipment Installation and Inspection. How is this recorded and how often do they receive refresher training (should be within 5 years of initial training)
- Does the final inspection and test plan cover the EX routine tests and requirements? Ensure that the certification label is not fitted until the final sign off has been achieved.
- Record all routine tests with signatures/tractability. Ensure all equipment is calibrated.
- Ensure you have a record of where each EX certified unit is delivered in case there needs to be a re-call.
- Cover EX on agendas for management meetings (to discuss related issues) and in your audit schedule.
- If you have an EX Quality Module you should have all the Standards listed on your CE Declaration of Conformity within your Quality System as controlled documents. You should have a mechanism for knowing when these standards change or are withdrawn (for example, automatic updates from BSI+)
- Have an ‘EX Responsible Person’ listed in your EX Quality Module , this person is normally technical and well trained in EX, it is the ‘go to’ person for interpreting the schedule drawings, working with the Notified Body and periodically reviewing the Standards.
If you have any question on Quality Systems Management please contact us