Hazardous Area Experience
The ExVeritas Group is the leading certification body and technical service provider in explosive atmosphere safety. The group includes two ATEX Notified Bodies, an IECEx Certification Body and an IECEx Testing Laboratory with full UKAS Accreditation. We also operate three Licenced CompEx Training Centres and are the first full ‘Ex’ scope UKAS accredited ‘Inspection Body’ for both electrical and mechanical Ex inspections. ExVeritas also deliver UKAS ISO9001 Quality System Certification and other QMS system certifications.
The ExVeritas Group gives you direct access to knowledge, experience and expertise of some of the worlds leading experts in IECEx, ATEX, MEC500/505 and DSEAR. We are always directly contactable. Our senior engineers are amongst the most experienced hazardous area engineers in this field, there is very little we have not done within the field of explosion protection.
If we do not have direct applicable experience, we probably know the best person to help you. We can also provide turnkey CE Marking and North American listing directly from our in house test laboratories, all with the same helpful and professional service. View customer feedback from our award winning service.
ExVeritas technical staff are active members of TC31 (UK’s Explosive Atmospheres Technical Committee), EXL/031 (BSI, various Standards committees for hazardous areas) and EXL/23 Explosion and fire precautions in industrial and chemical plant.
ExVeritas are also the most experienced DSEAR company in the UK and uniquely have full UKAS accreditation as an electrical and mechanical Ex Inspection Body for DSEAR related services. We have over 300 years collective explosive atmosphere safety experience on our team, and we can use that experience to deliver the best solution in the fastest possible time on your nest project.
Hazardous area certification experience
- All ATEX, IECEx and NEC electrical protection concepts
- ATEX , IECEx and NEC large electrical machines (oil and gas tools)
- ATEX Non-Electrical
- ATEX Safety Systems (including SIL verification)
- ATEX Protective Systems
- ATEX, IECEx, ISO9001, 14001, 18001 and API Quality Systems
- GOST, INMETRO and NEC500/505 North American Approval
- CE Test and Certification and UL61010/950
- CompEx Training and Specialist courses, many unique to ExVeritas.
- Hazardous Area Classification and Inspection (DSEAR, ATEX137 and NEC500 and 505)
- ATEX and IECEx Expert Witness and investigation services
Equipment we have ATEX certified
- Pipe handling equipment
- Top drives & BOP’s
- Drillers panels and cabins
- Nuclear equipment
- Marine equipment
- Hydrogen Cells
- Most types of analysers
- Welding equipment
- Conveyor systems
- Modular plant
- Torches & Lighting
- Garage forecourt equipment
- Military test sets and equipment
- Pumps motors and actuators
- Hazardous Area Gas detectors
- Diesel Engines
- TVR’s and drillers Cabins
- Tablets and HUI’s
- Optical equipment
Hazardous Areas site experience
- Hazardous Area COMAH Sites
- Power Stations (Coal and Gas)
- Engine Testing (Car and Aircraft)
- Paint Spraying
- Packaged Engines
- Chemical Processing
- Pressurised Control Rooms
- Oils and Gas drilling and refining
- Drilling and Pipe Handling Equipment
- FSPO’s & Refineries
- Fuel Farms
- Food Manufacturing (dusts)
- Vehicle Manufacturing
- Airports & Aviation
- Weapons Systems
- Water Treatment and Sewerage
- Medical (DNA splicing etc.)
- Hydrogen Cells and Refuelling
- Garage Forecourts
- Gas Turbines
- Gas distribution and reduction
Other Compliance Types
EMC and LVD
We offer full; EMC testing (to 3Ghz) and LVD testing and assessment. If we find problems, we tell you how to fix them, we are fast, flexible and competitively priced.
Pressure Equipment Directive
We have advised many clients on how to design to avoid the need for Notified Bodies. If this can not be avoided, we can minimise the impact and handle the approvals process.
We can conduct or assist with assessment for the Machinery Directive, construct technical files and sign Declarations of Conformity as a European Legal Representative
Safety Integrity Levels (SIL)
We can assist you with SIL assessment or help source specialist assessors (for example for software). We with 3rd party verification and assure compliance.