Ex Inspection and Remedial Services
We have our own team of highly experienced and CompEx trained (electrical, non-electrical and Ex design) inspection and remedial action engineers together with qualified Ex Inspection Managers & Supervisors. We can use our people, your people or local contractors (that we will train, supervise and ultimately sign off) for complete flexability and competitive pricing. We have experience in carrying out inspections and taking the appropriate remedial actions with ATEX, IEC and NEC Installation Codes.
In addition to finding the faults, we can fix them. Using our industry leading iEx software to track and report faults, we can assign a priority code that will allow the engineers to fix defects that would need to be fixed before the plant was run. This can include replacing glands, changing gaskets or end of life replacement of luminaires etc.
Free Issued Inspection Software
Ex inspections require a method to view and analyse the inspection data to prioritise remedial actions and ensure repeating faults are prevented with root cause analysis.
When we conduct Ex or ATEX inspections we will collect data using our unique in-house developed software. The final database will be ‘free issued’ to customers or can be provided for export to other databases or as hard copy (PDF) records. See more on iEx Explosion Safety Management Software.
We offer the most complete Ex inspection service available, all at a very competitive firm cost. We can estimate for free, normally within 48 hours.
- Review your Ex inspection rate to see if it can be decreased (60079-17 and EIC Guide on inspection frequencies and sampling).
- Implement Ex inspection systems to analyse defects to reduce capital expenditure on non-conforming products using our free iEx software.
- Risk assess non certified or defective equipment to permit plant running or implement other safety systems as necessary.
- Commission new sites or areas within sites, taking full responsibility for the explosion protection aspects of the site.
- Create Ex inspection specifications and assist with the selection or management of contractors (including design control).
- Check and risk assess Ex non-electrical equipment, we have Ex Zone 1 Thermal Imaging cameras for surveys.
- Check Area Classification (we can often reduce zones) including ventilation rates and boundary sealing.
- Conduct Remedial fixes on defects found during the inspections with our in-house CompEx Electrical and Mechanical staff.
- Ex Inspection of rigs, skids and assemblies are a speciality and we can offer fully accredited certification of the inspected equipment.
All of our projects have an expert on-site the entire time, giving you complete confidence that all decisions made by inspectors are checked and verified by an experienced professional.
Confidence in our EX Inspection Services
ExVeritas are accredited by UKAS accredited to EN60079-14 (for inspecting assemblies and installations) and are an ATEX Notified Body and IECEx Certification Body
ExVeritas consultants are verified experts in the field of Ex Inspection & Installation as required by the ATEX/DSEAR Directive for EPD Sign off. We have Professional and Public Liability Insurance specifically for Explosive Atmosphere Consultancy and have an extensive and impressive track record of successfully completed projects.
EX Inspection & Installation Experience
We can inspect and install to EN/IEC60079-14, so we can repair and replace defective equipment or modify skids/assemblies for compliance on site. Our Practitioners have significant Ex inspection experience in the following fields:
- Oil and Gas processing plant, FSPO’s & Refineries
- Power Stations (Coal and Gas)
- Engine Testing (Car and Aircraft)
- Paint Spraying & Printing industries
- Chemical Processing & Pharmaceutical
- Warehousing of Dangerous Substances
- Food Manufacturing & Distilleries
- Airports, Aviation & Military Bases
- Water Treatment and Sewerage
- Garage Forecourts & Hydrogen Refuelling