Guideline for Use Of the Accrediting Mark and ExVeritas® Name and Logo
The rules over the use of the logo are as follows:
All QMS certificates issued by ExVeritas remains the property of ExVeritas and must be returned when requested.
- Certificate holders must ensure that no incorrect references to ExVeritas certification system or misleading use of certificates or marks occur.
- ExVeritas Registered Companies Logo is granted under licence to those client companies who have obtained certification by ExVeritas after successful assessment to the applicable standard.
- Where the ExVeritas Certificate has been issued under any accreditation, The UKAS logo is to be used in combination with the ExVeritas Name and/or Logos applicable.
- The ExVeritas Accrediting Mark be only be applied to stationery and publicity materials that relates to the company’s Scope of Registration. This can include brochures, product cards, advertisements etc.
- The ExVeritas Accrediting Mark shall not be used on laboratory test reports, calibration and inspection certificates and not applied directly to the product or packaging, whether secondary or primary or in such a manner as to imply that any individual product has been approved.
- The UKAS Accreditation Logo may only be used in combination with the ExVeritas Accrediting Mark and is limited to stationery, literature and other written promotional materials. It cannot be applied to the product or packaging and visiting cards whether secondary or primary.
- The ExVeritas Accrediting Mark shall be reproduced in accordance with the art work provided or in a single colour to confirm with the predominant colour of existing pre-printed stationery, brochures, letterheads or other promotional material. The Accreditation Logo shall be reproduced on a clearly contrasting background In a size which makes all features of the mark clearly distinguishable. The Certification Body/Accreditation Logo may be uniformly reduced or enlarged but shall not be less than 25 mm in height. Where the logo is used, the Certificate Registration number must also be clearly indicated.
- The ExVeritas Accrediting Mark shall not be used in such a way as to suggest that the Accreditation Body or government Organization it represents have certified or approved the activities of the Company, or in any other manner which can mislead.
- ExVeritas will determine whether the registration mark is used only in strict accordance with our requirements at each surveillance visit. If an accredited certificate holder fails to comply with these regulations or uses the logos in any misleading manner, ExVeritas reserves the right to withdraw or cancel its certificate upon which action, the certificate holder shall immediately cease to use the logos and withdraw the existing stock of its stationery and other promotional brochures etc. bearing the logos, from further use. Such action could include requests for correction and corrective action, suspension, withdrawal of certification, publication of the transgression and, if necessary, legal action
- Where the accreditation mark is used, the client shall include the ExVeritas® certification mark to which it relates, not disproportionately represented regarding the actual accreditation mark, and positioned in a manner that ensures the relationship between the accreditation mark and the certification mark is obvious.
- For certificates issued by ExVeritas ApS under DANAK accreditation, please refer to this page