Assemblies and Non-Electrical Designer Course
ATEX and IECEx Assemblies and Non-Electrical for Design
ExVeritas has created a unique tw0-day training course that specifically addresses the skills required to build competence for non-electrical and assembly risk assessment and certification to ISO 80079-36 and 37 (Ex h) and IEC/ISO(TR) 60079-46 (Assemblies)
This is a technical course, not an overview. It is aimed at designers or project engineers responsible for design compliance or certification of non-electrical equipment or assemblies.
The Presenter has 20 years’ experience in this field and has a vast wealth of equipment related examples to draw from. He is a current practitioner in non-electrical and assembly certification so you can be assured that the content is relevant and applied with a practical bias. ExVeritas is an ATEX Notified Body for non-electrical certification and an IECEx Certification Body for non-electrical certification to ‘Ex h’ and Assemblies to 60079-46.
Free software is also provided to all delegates to assist with some of the calculations required for non-electrical approval.
ATEX and IECEx Assemblies and Non-Electrical for Design Course Content
- Overview of Explosive Atmosphere and coding systems (Foundation Level)
- Relationship with IEC60079-14 (electrical parts)
- Certification Requirements for ATEX and IECEx non-electrical equipment and assemblies
- Using 60079-46 to verify Assembles
- ATEX for Assemblies including advanced marking.
- Fundamentals of Risk Assessment and identifying ignition hazards
- ISO/EN 80079-36 & ISO/EN 80079-37 in detail
- Defining and quantifying failure likelihood and failure examples
- Performing ignition risk assessments (worked examples)•
- Understanding Construction Safety (Preventative Maintenance)
- Using control of ignition sources (SIL and safety systems)
- Documentation, Reports, Technical Files and Certificates.
- Quality System Requirements (ATEX and IECEx) for equipment manufacture and unit verification.
Cost: £1350 +VAT per person, includes lunch & refreshments. (open, limited to 10 people) or quoted per company
2020 Course Dates: 6th – 7th May and 10th – 11th November 2020
ExVeritas has a vast experience of mechanical risk assessment, failure mode analysis, SIL and safety systems and mechanical engineering safety. We have provided such services to some of the largest global oil tool and assembly manufacturers over the last 20 years, and provide UKAS accredited ATEX Notified Body and IECEx Certification Body for electrical and non-electrical certification.