Expert Witness & Advisory Services
Our Principal Engineers at ExVeritas typically have over twenty five years experience in their field of expertise and chartered professional status or equivalent. We are one of the most experienced and highly accredited ‘Ex’ (potentially explosive atmospheres) companies globally and have over 300 years collective in house experience in all aspects of ‘Ex’ products, sites and people. We have provided expert witnesses for major arbitration cases and have provided expert witness reports, report analysis and resolution/joint expert reports.
Many of our experts are ‘verified’ as ‘Technical Experts’ in their field to act as signatories for Notified Body activities, having been audited by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service. This is the sole national accreditation body recognised by Government to assess against internationally agreed standards. Our extensive range of accreditation can be viewed here, where independent validation of our expertise is also evidenced.
ExVeritas can provide advice, analysis and expert witness services in all types of legal disputes including litigation and arbitration for a range of technical disciplines as defined below:
- ATEX, IEC and NEC ‘product’ safety, certification and certification disputes or product challenges.
- ATEX, IEC and NEC ‘installation’ safety including contract analysis, specification analysis and project management.
- Ex Inspection (ABS, DNV, 60079-14, 17) and Ex commissioning
- Ex Maintenance and Repair
- Hazardous Area Classification and Explosion Risk Assessment
- Ex (Hazardous Area) Competence of people or companies
- General Industrial Product Safety/CE Marking (Machinery, Electrical, Pressure)
- PUWER and Workplace Safety (industrial) and Safety Systems (SIL)
- QMS – ISO9001/14001/18001 Accrediting and Supplier disputes and verification.
Please contact us to arrange a meeting or telephone interview with one of our experts to see how we can help you.