IEC 60079-2 Edition 6.0 has been published and contains many changes and clarifications including:
- IEC 60079-2 has expanded its scope to include requirements for pressurized equipment for installation in hazardous areas containing combustible dust
- Included requirements for design and testing of equipment with type of protection Ex “pxb” Ex “pyb” and Ex “pzc”, incorporating the concepts of EPL
- Requirements were revised to show that the purge is not required for combustible dust atmospheres
- Removed the test to verify the ability of the pressurized enclosure to limit the internal pressure
- Included new requirements for accumulators and batteries to be installed inside enclosures with Ex protection “pxb” Ex “pyb” and Ex “pzc”
- Included requirement of independent shielding gas systems where there is a pressurized enclosure installed inside a pressurized casing etc.
ExVeritas offer full Ex p testing on site or at our laboratories to ATEX, IECEx or North American Standards