- 27th February 2013
- Posted by: Sean Clarke
- Category: Standards Updates
EN61010-1:2010 –Laboratory equipment
All applicable products must comply with EN 61010-1:2010 (based on 3rd Edition of IEC 61010-1) by October 1, 2013
- Re-evaluate/Test to EN61010-1:2010
- Update your Technical File
- Update your Declaration of Conformity
As of the 1st October 2013, use of EN 61010-1:2001 for compliance under the Low Voltage Directive 2006/95/EC will no longer give you a presumption of conformity andf EN 61010-1:2010 shuld be applied.
This standard has some significant changes that will require products to be re-evaluated:
- Test and measurement circuits have to comply with part 1 and part 2 of IEC 61010-2-30 standard
- Creepage and clearance distances has been significantly re-worded, most importantly the introduction of distance ‘through insulation’ and new requiremtns for conformal coatings
- A risk assessment process for moving parts including minimum gaps requirements to body parts and a risk assessment for hazards not covered by the standard
- Temperature requirements have been modified
- There are added requirements for foreseeable misuse and ergonomics.
Contact us for more details on EN61010-1:2010 or a product review.