Intrinsic Safety System Designer Training
System Designers Competence Certification
This 3 day Intrinsic Safety System Designer Training Course is ideal for Engineers who wish to start designing intrinsically safe systems using certified barriers and simple or certified apparatus. With knowledge of i.s. system design, Engineers can build control and monitoring equipment in virtually any zone without needing to get the system re-certified. The only requirement for an i.s. system designer is ‘verified competence’ and this course delivers the knowledge and skills verification necessary for core competence in intrinsically safe system design. Who should attend? This course is aimed at Engineers and Engineering Managers who are required to specify or design intrinsically safe systems using barrier, simple apparatus and certified intrinsically safe apparatus.
Become Certified to Design, Check and Sign DSD’s for Intrinsically Safe Systems to EN/IEC 60079 14 & 25
The Presenter: The intrinsic safety training is presented by an experienced lecturer and practitioner with 2o years experience in this field. ExVeritas are and ATEX Notified Body and IECEx Certification Body and are vastly experienced in ‘Ex’ and Intrinsic Safety System Design, Verification and Certification.
Intrinsic Safety System Designer Training Syllabus
Intrinsic safety training for designers and certification engineers Day 1
- Introduction and Overview of Competence Requirements for Intrinsic Safety Systems Designers
- Deriving the required level of safety (area classification, EPL) for i.a, i.b. and i.c.
- Explosion Properties and Terminology required for intrinsic safety
- Review of Ignition Assessment (EN1127) and other concepts and methods commonly used with intrinsic safety (potting and enclosure methods)
- Intrinsically Safe ‘Certification’ and optional Certification Schemes (ATEX, IECEx, NEC500 & 505, etc)
- Exam (multiple choice)
- Intrinsic safety overview (how intrinsic safety works, video and presentation)
- Intrinsically Safe ‘Systems’ Overview
- Intrinsically Safe Systems cables, connections, earthing and junction boxes
- Intrinsic safety simple apparatus assessment (temperature, stored energy, general requirements etc)
- Reading Barrier and Cable Datasheets to extract the relevant parameters for system design
- Exam (multiple Choice)
- Matching Barriers, cable and Apparatus including the ‘1%’ rule
- Voltage drop and bespoke power levels (series and parallel barriers)
- Documenting intrinsically safe systems (DSDs)
- Worked examples
- Exam (written with calculations, 2 hours)
Free Intrinsic Safety Assessment Software
All delegates on our intrinsic safety training course will receive a free licence for ExVeritas unique on line intrinsic safety assessment tool for simple apparatus circuits and our tool that generates DSD’s and conducts the necessary calculations, reports and system drawings automatically!!
A ‘Certificate of Competence in Intrinsically Safe System Design’ will be issued to all delegates that pass the examinations, a certificate of attendance will be issued to all delegates. ExVeritas uses an electronic cloud-based e-learning system called ‘Learn Ex,’ once registered candidates can have immediate access to course notes which are updated electronically. Simply visit https://www.exveritas.com/learnex-online/ for further details about the benefits of LearnEx.
Course Dates and Cost
Please contact us for course dates. Bespoke: This course can be delivered at your location (worldwide). Contact us for pricing. Cost: UK: £1800+VAT; USA: $2,400 USD.