Ex Installation & Inspection 2014
NEW IEC/EN60079-14:2014 and IEC/EN60079-17:2014 update course
This course is aimed at people who manage or carry out Ex Installation & Inspection and need to know how the significant new updates will impact their installation or inspection activities.
This 2 day course is designed to update the delegates knowledge of hazardous Area (Ex) installation & Inspection to IEC/EN60079-14:2014 and IEC/EN60079-17:2014. This course is ideally suited to people who have previously received Ex installation & inspection training prior to the new requirements being published this year.
This course is run by DSEAR Site Safety Specialists with 30 Years Experience in Ex installation & Inspection , we have conducted thousands of projects in most types of industries and have developed the industry leading Inspection software ‘iEx’.
The main course presenter has 30+ years experience in this field as a practitioner and lecturer and covers both IEC and European deviations of the Standards.
The course costs £390 + VAT per person, includes lunch and refreshments
- Terminology explanations (ATEX Marking, LEL, EPL, Flashpoint etc.)
- Explosion Protection Levels (categories and EPL) updates
- Protection Concepts updates
- New Ex Installation practices covering cable, glands and all protection concepts
- New Installation tests (restricted breathing on cables etc.)
- New Ex d Gland requirements
- Ex Inspection requirements covering close, visual and detailed inspections for all concepts and new equipment types (motors, heating etc.)
- EIC Inspection Guidance
- Practical Ex Inspection examples and control systems