Introduction to DSEAR
DSEAR Course Synopsis
This 1 day course is aimed at anyone who is new to DSEAR or needs a refresher in this ever changing field. The course is lively, fast paced and designed to provide an holistic understanding of the subject matter.
Why Our DSEAR Course?
The course is presented by leading technical experts in this field and have completed thousands of DSEAR projects and thousands of training courses, lectures and seminars world-wide. At our training centre we have over 100 years of experience ‘in house’ we can bring in specialists from our company for certain parts of the training, including COMPEX installation Engineers and Inspection Managers.
The Presenter is a Chartered Engineer with 25 years experience in this field over a vast range of industries. The lecturer has significant experience in lowering both the risk of an explosion and the copst of implementing DSEAR, and has worked as a prime contractor for companies such as Rolls Royce, MOD, Maersk etc.
DSEAR Course Syllabus
- DSEAR and ATEX 137 – The Legislation (and relationship with COMAH)
- DSEAR UK Codes of Practice and Guidance
- Competence and responsibilities
- Core Tasks and implementation methodology including:
- Risk assessment and reduction
- Area Classification and Zone Reduction and Removal
- Ignition Risk assessment
- ATEX Electrical Equipment Selection and Inspection
- ATEX Non Electrical Equipment Selection and Inspection
- ATEX Safety Systems
- The Explosion Protection Document
- Example Software based DSEAR Inspection and Explosion Protection Document
The DSEAR Course is suitable for technical and non-technical staff.
Cost: On Request
Dates: On Request
Please Contact us to get further information or to book our DSEAR Course on-line please click below: