ATEX Testing Facilities
Accredited ATEX Testing Laboratory
Our staff have been conducting ATEX Testing since the introduction of the ATEX Directive. We know how to get fast, accurate results that will give your product a wider scope of certification. We conduct ATEX Testing for manufacturers (pre-testing, design testing or full certification) and other ATEX Certification Bodies as a subcontract ATEX testing laboratory.
Our ATEX testing is accepted by a UK ATEX Notified Body for ATEX Certification as we are a qualified ‘Partner Test Laboratory’. ATEX certification testing can also be conducted on-site (at customers location) globally. For IECEx Testing please click here
ExVeritas are also accredited by ASCB(E), an Independent UK Accreditation Company as an Accredited Testing Laboratory to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 for ATEX Testing.
Our ATEX Testing facilities include:
- Computer controlled mass flow gas mixing for fast, accurate testing.
- Explosion testing (i.e. Ex d Reference Pressure)
- Flame transmission
- Intrinsic Safety Spark Testing
- Overpressure to 300 Bar
- Mechanical and PCB physical measurement
- Component ignition testing
- Battery testing
- Ex e battery box testing
- Humidity, thermal conditioning & cycling
- Impact Testing to 20J
- Thermal shock Testing
- Torque tests & Pull tests
- Drop tests
- Temperature measurement (contact, IR and thermal camera)
- Purge testing (i.e. Ex p, TVR, EN60079-13)
- High voltage electrical testing (to 20KV)
- Capacitance and inductance measurement (materials, components etc.)
- Restricted Breathing testing (Ex nR)
- Enclosed Break and Sealing tests (Ex nC)
For Ex d ATEX Testing (Explosion Proof) we also have a fully equipped machine shop with turning, milling and drilling to prepare samples (for example enlarge flame paths) as required.
Our ATEX Testing can be conducted in our laboratories or in some cases, at clients locations. ATEX Testing can be witnessed by clients by appointment, or can be live streamed or videoed.