Non-Electrical Design Course
ATEX and IECEx Non-Electrical Equipment and Assemblies training for Designers
ExVeritas have created a unique three day training course that specifically addresses the skills required to build competence for non-electrical and assembly risk assessment and certification to ISO 80079-36 and 37 (and current equivalent ATEX Standards). This is a highly technical course, not an overview. It is aimed at designers or project engineers responsible for design compliance or certification of non-electrical equipment or assemblies. The Presenter has 20 years experience in this field and has a vast wealth of equipment related examples to draw from, and is a current practitioner in non-electrical and assembly certification so you can be assured that the content is relevant and applied with a practical bias.
Free software is also provided to all delegates to assist with some of the calculations required for non-electrical approval.
ATEX and IECEx Non-Electrical Equipment Course Content:
- Requirements for ATEX and IECEx non-electrical equipment and assemblies
- Quality System Requirements (ATEX and IECEx) for equipment manufacture and unit verification.
- Relationship with CE marking (Pressure Equipment and Machinery Directives)
- Overview of Explosive Atmosphere and coding systems
- Fundamentals of Risk Assessment, FMEA and FTA
- EN1127-1 and identifying ignition hazards
- Internal explosive atmospheres (machinery directive and zoning)
- ISO 80079-36 in detail and the relationship with IEC60079-0
- Defining and quantifying failure likelihood
- Failure examples for ATEX and IECEx Non-Electrical
- Performing ignition risk assessments (worked examples)
- Assessment of single impact sparks (calculations)
- Ingress Protection and mechanical testing
- Dealing with connected electrical equipment (assemblies) and IEC60079-14
- ISO 80079-37 in detail
- Understanding Construction Safety
- Loading and L10 Bearing Calculations (examples and working)
- Calculation of rotary speeds and impacts (examples and working)
- Moving parts assessment (conversion of RPM, m/s, angular velocity etc.)
- Electrostatic (requirements, reduction method and tests)
- Using control of ignition sources (SIL and safety systems)
- Using Liquid Immersion
- Documentation, Reports, Files and Certificates.
Cost: £1750 +VAT per person, includes lunch & refreshments. (open, limited to 8 people) or quoted per company.
Dates: 2nd – 4th February & 12th – 14th July 2016
Examination: 2 hour written, with calculations, data sheets for bearings analysis, lubrication analysis etc.
Successful Candidates will be issued a ‘certificate of competence’ in the design of ATEX and IEC non-electrical equipment and assemblies.
ExVeritas have a vast experience of mechanical risk assessment, failure mode analysis, SIL and safety systems and mechanical engineering safety. We have provided such services to some of the largest global oil tool and assembly manufacturers over the last 20 years, and provide UKAS accredited ATEX Notified Body non-electrical certification.
Please contact us for further information on this course or ATEX and IECEx Non-Electrical Equipment and Assemblies Certification.