Ex h Non-Electrical Designers Course
ATEX and IECEx Non-Electrical for Design and Maintenance Personnel
ExVeritas has created a unique two-day training course that specifically addresses the skills required to build competence for non-electrical and assembly risk assessment and certification to ISO 80079-36 and 37 (Ex h). This is a highly technical course, not an overview. It is aimed at designers or project engineers responsible for design compliance or certification of non-electrical equipment or assemblies.
The Presenter has 20 years’ experience in this field and has a vast wealth of equipment related examples to draw from, website like this and is a current practitioner in non-electrical and assembly certification so you can be assured that the content is relevant and applied with a practical bias. ExVeritas is an ATEX Notified Body for non-electrical certification and an IECEx Certification Body for non-electrical certification to ‘Ex h’
Free software is also provided to all delegates to assist with some of the calculations required for non-electrical approval.
Ex h Non-Electrical Equipment Course Content
• Requirements for ATEX and IECEx non-electrical equipment and assemblies
• Relationship with CE marking (Pressure Equipment and Machinery Directives)
• Relationship with IEC60079-14 (electrical parts)
• Overview of Explosive Atmosphere and coding systems
• Fundamentals of Risk Assessment, side effects FMEA and FTA
• EN1127-1 and identifying ignition hazards ‘HAZID’
• ISO/EN 80079-36 & ISO/EN 80079-37 in detail
• Defining and quantifying failure likelihood and failure examples
• Performing ignition risk assessments (worked examples)
• Assessment of single impact sparks (calculations)
• Understanding Construction Safety
• Loading and L10 Bearing Calculations (examples and working)
• Calculation of rotary speeds and impacts (examples and working)
• Moving parts assessment (conversion of RPM, m/s, angular velocity etc.)
• Using control of ignition sources (SIL and safety systems)
• Using Liquid Immersion
• Documentation, Reports, Technical Files and Certificates.
• Quality System Requirements (ATEX and IECEx) for equipment manufacture and unit verification.
Cost: £1250 +VAT per person, includes lunch & refreshments. (open, limited to 10 people) or quoted per company.
Open Course Dates: 30th & 31st January, 19th & 20th June & 12th & 13th December 2017
ExVeritas has a vast experience of mechanical risk assessment, failure mode analysis, SIL and safety systems and mechanical engineering safety. We have provided such services to some of the largest global oil tool and assembly manufacturers over the last 20 years, and provide UKAS accredited ATEX Notified Body and IECEx Certification Body for electrical and non-electrical certification.