ATEX Assembler Certification
This unique program has been created by ExVeritas (a UK ATEX Notified Body) based on the need for ATEX panel shops and skid (assembly) manufactures to demonstrate their ability to suppliers to deliver ATEX compliant products before projects have been awarded.
Although there isn’t a specific or mandated certification type for manufactures who make assemblies or products from ATEX Certified parts (often referred to as an ATEX Panel Shop) ExVeritas have put together a program that can provide certification as a competent ATEX assembler.
The training covers:
Competence on the selection and installation of ATEX equipment and components
- Technical Files, medications File Lodging and Notified Bodies
- Assemblies and Self Certification
- Hazard Assessment as required by ATEX
- ATEX Installation to EN60070-14
- ATEX Initial Inspection to EN60070-14
- ATEX Glands and Cable requirements
- CE Marking requirements for ATEX (Machinery, EMC, Electrical safety and PED overviews)
The audit and review covers:
- Available technical documents and suppliers
- Quality control on manufacture and inspection
- retention of records as required by ATEX
- Technical Competance records (as required by EN60079-14)
Manufacturers have a yearly re-audit (1 day) once competence certification has been issued.
On successful completion of the program a company (location) ‘Certificates of Competence’ is issued verify the competence and quality is control is suitable ATEX Panels/Assemblies. Companies listed as competent are visible on our CMS (on line) database together with the scope of competence.
The training/review is 3 days at you location, 2 days formal training, 1 day review We can also just conduct the audit and award certification if evidence of relevant and current training competence can be provided.
The cost is dependent on the location size and diversity of operations, please contact us if you would like a firm quote.