Hazardous Area Experience
ExVeritas are an ATEX Notified Body, IECEx Certification Body and Testing Laboratory with full UKAS Accreditation. We also have two Licenced CompEx Training Centres (UK and Ireland) and have developed the industry’s leading Ex Inspection software ‘iEx’.
ExVeritas was founded by Sean Clarke and Stephen D’Henin, the former owners and founders of Epsilon Compliance, an EU Notified Body for ATEX. As acknowledged experts in the field of explosion prevention with 25 years experience each, Sean and Stephen provide both technical and management leads over a team of experienced and highly motivated staff with over 200 years collective experience.
ExVeritas gives you direct access to knowledge, experience and expertise of some of the UK’s leading experts in IECEx, ATEX and DSEAR. We are always directly contactable. Our senior engineers are amongst the most experienced hazardous area engineers in this field, there is very little we have not done within the field of explosion protection, from design consultancy to setting up ATEX Notified Bodies. If we do not have direct applicable experience, we probably know the best person to help you. We can also provide turnkey CE Marking and North American listing directly from our in house test laboratories, all with the same helpful and professional service. View customer feedback from our award winning service.
ExVeritas technical staff are active members of TC31 (UK’s Explosive Atmospheres Technical Committee), EXL/031 (BSI, various Standards committees for hazardous areas) and EXL/23 Explosion and fire precautions in industrial and chemical plant.
Hazardous area certification experience
- All ATEX, IECEx and NEC Electrical Protection Concepts
- ATEX , IECEx and NEC Large Electrical Machines (oil and gas tools)
- ATEX Non-Electrical
- ATEX Safety Systems (including SIL verification)
- ATEX Protective Systems
- ATEX and IECEx Quality Systems
- GOST, INMETRO and NEC500/505 North American Approval
- CE Test and Certification and UL61010/950
- CompEx Training and Specialist courses, many unique to ExVeritas.
- Hazardous Area Classification and Inspection (DSEAR, ATEX137 and NEC500 and 505)
Equipment we have ATEX certified
- Pipe handling equipment
- Top drives & BOP’s
- Drillers panels and cabins
- Nuclear equipment
- Marine equipment
- Hydrogen Cells
- Most types of analysers
- Welding equipment
- Conveyer systems
- Modular plant
- Torches & Lighting
- Garage forecourt equipment
- Military test sets and equipment
- Pumps motors and actuators
- Hazardous Area Gas detectors
- Diesel Engines
- TVR’s and drillers Cabins
- Tablets and HUI’s
Hazardous Areas site experiance
- Hazardous Area COMAH Sites
- Power Stations (Coal and Gas)
- Engine Testing (Car and Aircraft)
- Paint Spraying
- Packaged Engines
- Chemical Processing
- Pressurised Control Rooms
- Oils and Gas drilling and refining
- Drilling and Pipe Handling Equipment
- FSPO’s & Refineries
- Fuel Farms
- Food Manufacturing (dusts)
- Vehicle Manufacturing
- Airports & Aviation
- Weapons Systems
- Water Treatment and Sewerage
- Medical (DNA splicing etc.)
- Hydrogen Cells and Refuelling
- Garage Forecourts
- Gas Turbines
Other Compliance Types
EMC and LVD
We offer full; EMC testing (to 3Ghz) and LVD testing and assessment. If we find problems, we tell you how to fix them, we are fast, flexible and competitively priced.
Pressure Equipment Directive
We have advised many clients on how to design to avoid the need for Notified Bodies. If this can not be avoided, we can minimise the impact and handle the approvals process.
We can conduct or assist with assessment for the Machinery Directive, construct technical files and sign Declarations of Conformity as a European Legal Representative
Safety Integrity Levels (SIL)
We can assist you with SIL assessment or help source specialist assessors (for example for software). We with 3rd party verification and assure compliance.